Celltex is always seeking bright, talented, motivated and hard-working individuals with a strong interest in stem cell sciences. The following job positions are immediately available:
Cell Manufacturing Associate II
Description: Celltex Therapeutics Corp., Houston, TX needs full-time Cell Manufacturing Associate II to conduct hands on aseptic cell culture, such as cell isolation, thawing, cryopreservation, sub-culturing, and harvesting following approved instructions and procedures.
Qualifications: Cell biology; Aseptic Technique; Microbiological; Biochemical assay/ Techniques; Cryogenic Procedures; Sterilization; Equipment Calibration; Biohazard Safety; Medical Teamwork
Experience/Education: Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology, Biology, Microbiology or closely related field and four months in industry or school laboratory experience required.
Vice President, Administration
Description: The Vice President of Administration position is responsible for directing the administrative functions of the corporation in accordance with industry standards, where applicable, regulatory agencies, as appropriate, and company objectives and policies.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s administration function and performance
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a tactical partner in evaluating and advising on the impact of long-range planning and regulatory action on the areas of responsibility
- Develop credibility for the administration group by providing timely and accurate of analyses of budgets, project proposals and business trends in multiple administrative areas in order to assist the CEO and the board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation. Of particular note, would be the use of external, proprietary software for facility, logistics, contracts, real estate and human resource management
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process for the administrative operation through education of department managers on budgetary issues impacting their budgets and ongoing departmental performance to the budget
- Manage the company’s ongoing relationships with national (and international as appropriate), state and local governmental officials and organizations by monitoring legislation for appropriate comment and action of the respective departments of the company, coordinating the company’s communication with government officials on various matters (excluding taxation and legal matters) and presenting the company’s viewpoint on legislative matters
- Act as the company spokesperson for media communication excluding financial, investor relations and legal matters and represent the company in community related activities
- Manage stockholder services activities to include stockholder communications and record keeping but excluding the legal and financial aspects of the corporate secretarial and investor relations functions respectively
- Advise, negotiate, manage and administer all contracts into which the corporation may enter. Counsel with the CFO on financial matters associated with the financial viability of entering into such contracts
- Oversee the human resources function and activities
- Must be an excellent analytical thinker, planner, organizer and delegator of responsibility
- Should have technical accounting, investment, procurement and asset management skills as well as personnel skills in order to supervise and monitor the wide range of fiscal, computer operations, personnel, and auxiliary enterprise operations associated with this position.
- Planning and organizational skills are essential and attentive to details
- Works well in group settings, contributes to discussion, positive attitude
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written skills
- Responsible and excellent time management skills
- Problem solving/analysis
- Financial and project management
Experience/Education: The Vice President must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, and ten years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in several of the administrative areas and at the highest level of a corporation.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Human Resources Department will be in contact with you if the employment opportunity is fitting.